Community Development?

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:19 AM

Hello,

Any chance to become involved in the further development of this project?

I have some bug fixes I'd like to make available to the community.

Best regards,

Richard

Dec 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Hey, Richard.

Maybe you could publish your code somewhere as a fork? It seems like there is no actual support behind this project.

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Yes, I was thinking of creating a new project called 'LINQ to XSD Development', starting with the current LINQ to XSD code base, and then opening it up to other developers. How does that sound?

Have to read the license in detail to make sure this is OK...

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Richard,

As long as your development project continued to use the Ms-PL license there won't be any problems doing that. I don't know how hard it would be to change to a different license, but Ms-PL is short and simple and easy to understand.

Thanks,

Dennis

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I'd agree that we take the source to a new codeplex project and continue it from there - ulger seems to have forgotten about this project

Developer
Feb 26, 2010 at 3:52 AM
quango wrote:

I'd agree that we take the source to a new codeplex project and continue it from there - ulger seems to have forgotten about this project

Hi

I've received an access to SVN and fixed several bugs. Could you try to contact ulger again to have access?

Best regards, Sergey Shandar.

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Thanks Sergey,

I'll give that a shot. I didn't want to start managing a new project as I am already managing two. :-)

Best regards,

Richard

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:34 AM

I contacted ulger and he replied very quickly. I now have access to SVN and will commit my fixes.

Best regards,

Richard