What is this?

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM

Seems like you know what you are building here, but I sure don't.  The home page for LinqToXsd just provides a 20-word description, which isn't enough to understand what it does, why it's interesting, how it extends Linq-to-XML, and why anyone would ever want to use it, or even investigate further. 

Can you update the home page with some text describing the motivation?  Who is it intended for?  What does it allow me to do that I cannot do with Linq-To-Xml today?  What problems does it solve?  How is it deployed?  Is there a new DLL?  Are there tools involved?  Can you show me some code examples?   Maybe post a FAQ.   With the home page as it is, you won't likely get too many people adopting it.  If you put the effort into building the thing, isn't it worth the effort to describe it so maybe other people who might benefit will understand what it is?

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Check out Scott Hanselmann's blog: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/LINQToEverythingLINQToXSDAddsMoreLINQiness.aspx

It has a very good overview of what you can do with this stuff.  That's the only reason I came to this site :)