Configuration file settings for command tool?

Mar 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I'm trying to use the command tool to create files from my XSD schema. I'd like to have LinqToXsd create one file per class generated instead of a single large file, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this using the configuration file (or if it's even possible), because I can't locate any documentation for it.

Am I missing something here?

Developer
Mar 15, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I don't think the feature is available. By the way, why do you need it?

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I need this feature too.  The schemas I'm working with are pretty big, and re-use a lot of components (e.g., a "contact" element is used for a bill-to, a ship-to,  a customer, a shipping party, a hazmat contact...).  In our schemas, these are defined just once and then included in whichever other schemas need them.  Since one of our smaller schemas got converted into a 9MB file with over 300 classes in it, I'd like to break this down so I'm not shipping a 500MB assembly that consists of 70% duplicate code.

May 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Should be doable using a preprocessed T4 template, a custom commandline tool and this library's API.

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM

This feature would be great. I have a pretty complex scheme set and it's parts changed from time to time, so I have to change generated classes manually now.