create signed assembly

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Great tool! But can you sign the assemblies? I tried to you the assembly in one of my (signed) projects but i cannot compile, cause the referenced XML.Schema.Linq.dll is not signed....

Developer
Mar 11, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Ok. Fixed in trunk (1.1.0). Do you need a file release for this feature urgently?

Mar 11, 2010 at 4:45 PM

thanx! i try to connect to svn server and compile it myself. thank you very much!

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM

well...compilated successfully, but linqtoxsd.exe exites with a runtime error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Xml.Schema.Linq, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=47d0c84d0ebb13e5' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A)

this is because XML.Schema.Linq is delay signed. i never used this option and i do not exactly know, why it is used here. but removing the corresponding checkbox in the project "XObjects" signing properties will do it for the moment. maybe the commandline tool has to be delay signed, too?

Developer
Mar 15, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Ok, I've removed delay signing from the project.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I have downloaded the code and recompiled it with the sign option.

And I am still getting an error:

Error 1 System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Xml.Schema.Linq, Version=1.0.0.40165, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) 

I dont understand why I am still getting thismessage..

I have noticed that there is a missing file in the visual studio solution: _info.cs. Maybe it's linked to this error?

Regards,

Yuri

Developer
Mar 23, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Hi Yuri,

Steps to build:

1. Checkout from https://linqtoxsd.svn.codeplex.com/svn/trunk, not export

2. Open build/build.sln in Visual C#.

3. Run the project (press F5).

4. The binary files are ready to use, see build/bin/Debug/linqtoxsd.X.X.X.X-bin/ folder.

Best regards,

Sergey.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Thanks Sergey. It's working now. The trick was to do a svn checkout and not a simple download.

-Yuri

Oct 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM

I hit the same problem with signing and followed these steps to build 1.1.0 myself.

It's a nice setup that gets the version number from svn, but this actually causes a problem because the generated AssemblyFileVersion attribute cannot have a software version number greater than 65534, as explained in this blog post by the MS Build team:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/msbuild/archive/2007/01/03/why-are-build-numbers-limited-to-65535.aspx

At the time of writing this message, the version that gets found in SVN by the Revision() function in the build solution actually gets 70559, which causes the rest of the build to fall over.

I fixed the problem by hard coding "41753" (the 1.1.0 tag revision number) as the return value of the Revision() function.

Perhaps it might be worth modifying the branch (tag) so this doesn't trip anybody else up again, I will send a patch in for the small change I made if it helps.

Thanks for this great library, I don't understand why you haven't got better support for it.